Wellness Week – Chill, Relax & Unwind.
What do you do to maintain a healthy mind frame and spread positivity?
Whether you want to finally kick-start, or further strengthen your path to a happier and healthier way of living, come along and join our DUSA Wellness Week, a cross-campus event held from Monday 23 – Wednesday 25 September.
This week is dedicated to encouraging your mental and physical health so you can smash through that upcoming exam period with the best mindset possible. Who knows, you could pick up a few new tips to help boost those endorphins, chug a few green smoothies or make some new like-minded friends? Either way, it’s a WIN!
We’ve got loads of goodies planned for the week… bring along your ride-or-die on our smoothie blender bikes, or paws-the-pressure in your life by patting a pooch. We’ll also have a DIY body scrub station, fresh fruit and veggie stand and acoustic music to help you chill out and unwind.
So, put down your smart phone, step away from Netflix and make sure to head to your closest campus for our DUSA Wellness Week. Details for each campus can be found via the events page on our website.
In the meantime, here are a few Wellness Fun Facts & Tips. Enjoy!
- Laughing is good for the heart and can increase blood flow by 20 percent.
- Exercise will give you more energy, even when you’re tired.
- Feeling stressed? Read. Getting lost in a book can lower levels of cortisol, or other unhealthy stress hormones by 67 percent.
- Maintaining good relationships with family and friends is good for your health, memory and longevity.
- Walking outside can reduce negative thoughts and boost self-esteem.
- Always look on the bright side. Being an optimist can help you live longer.