Free advocacy service for all Deakin students
Many students face issues or difficulties during their university studies. DUSA employs qualified and experienced Advocates who offer confidential advice and support. Advocates will listen to your concerns and assist you with your academic and personal matters.
When accessing the service, your Advocate will work together with you to assess your situation and discuss possible courses of action. Advocates can assist with your response to the relevant faculty or section of the University, as well as review draft letters and accompany you to meetings or hearings.
If we are unable to work through your problems with you, we will help you find the service you need. Our student-oriented team is always available and willing to assist you.
HDR Students: Advocates can provide support and advice regarding a range of academic matters, including:
- Progress Management Panel
- Proposal to Exclude/Terminate from Candidature
- Research Progress and Supervision Issues
- General Misconduct
- Academic Integrity Breach Allegations
- Research Integrity Breach Allegations
- Concerns and Complaints
For Advocates to best assist you with academic matters, please attach relevant documents to your enquiry. Possible documents include:
- A copy of your academic result history
- Faculty or UAC letters including attachments
- Copies of emails and correspondence with faculty members regarding the issue
- Medical Certificate/s and any other relevant documents
If we are unable to work through your problems with you, we will assist you in finding the correct service.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or click on one of the many links available on this page, compiled by our Advocates. These cover the most common issues that students face (i.e. academic cases and appeals, enrolment and fee issues) that can help inform and prepare you in dealing with your situation.