Awesome digital tools for when you’re learning, lost or need answers
We know you’ve got lots to do and lots questions to ask, so we’re proud to support three super useful digitals tools for you to weave into your life at Deakin…to use when you want, where you want.
Deakin Sync, your personalised online learning hub
Deakin Sync is where all your learning happens. From enrolment, paying fees, choosing your class times to accessing the student handbook and all your learning resources. Using Sync online, you can watch lectures, check your emails and read notifications as well as access your prescribed reading materials.
It’s also where you can find out more about wellbeing services, clubs and sports, IT and Study support.
Deakin Genie app, gives you answers on the go….
Ever thought it would be cool to have a personal assistant? Well it’s 2019 so forget that because we’ve got the cold hard power of apps now! Without having to say a word get access to your lecture details, assignment due dates, unit resources and so much more.
What is this beautiful machine you ask? It’s the one and only Deakin Genie app!
Genie is a smart, quick, personalised and powerful digital assistant for Deakin students. It’s a smartphone app that contains everything you need for your studies at Deakin, when you’re on the move.
It’s simple, just ask Genie to:
- Give you quick access to all of your unit sites, your email, your timetable and your calendar, ensuring you know where you need to be.
- Help you access your assignment due dates and trimester dates, so you’ll never miss a deadline.
- View your library loans, holds and your Deakin Card balance (and top it up).
- Put you in touch with the service you need – like study support, Student Central or counselling – instantly.
- Provide you access to student news and information about what’s happening on your campus, so you can stay in the loop.
from the App Store or Google Play. Just use your Deakin details to log in and personalise your experience.
Deakin Scout app, will help you get there…
Get where you want to go quicker with our Scout app. Think campus maps and directions on
your smartphone, when you need them. You can locate toilets, parking, search for your classroom or meeting room… and find somewhere to eat quickly on campus.
Enter your current location and search for a destination. Scout provides step-by-step directions
for all campuses – even inside buildings and across floors.
Scout will be your new best mate when you:
- Need to locate a building.
- Want to know where you are on campus.
- Can’t find your lecture theatre
- Want to find the closest toilets
- Need to attend a meeting on campus
- Would like alerts for offers and events nearby on campus
from the App Store or Google Play. Just use your Deakin details to log in (or use Scout as a guest without your logins).
Make your 2019 a whole lot easier with these amazing suite of digital Deakin tools!