Keep occupied this Pride Week with these do-it-from homes…
Pride Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar
- ½ Cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 4 different colours of food colouring
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees celsius and prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Mix the butter, both sugars using a mixer for two minutes until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda and continue mixing for one minute until smooth.
- Add the flour and continue mixing until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the cookie dough into four equal portions. Using the food colouring, colour each portion as desired.
- Roll each colour dough and place onto a large piece of cling wrap tightly next to each other forming a large log. Remove the cling wrap and roll small loose balls of approximately two tablespoons with your hands.
- Bake for 9 minutes and enjoy!
Interested in more treats to cook for Pride Week? Try the Rainbow Sponge Cake.